Jan 14, 2018

6 HAVE YOU CONSIDERED YOUR OWN BOUTS OF INCONSIDERATIONS?

Blessings....
I am lying on my bed here "soaking". I am thinking about nothing in particular while I post some of my photographs from fall to ignite some assertive colors into a some what grey day. As I post the last of 3 photos a question filter through my mind.  Have you considered your own bouts of inconsiderations? Hmmmmm is my immediate response as a thought occurs to me. 'This contemplation of owned inconsiderations' is "share" worthy.

TRAIN OF THOUGHT
Often times we dwell on the hurts and betrayals we've suffered. The inconsiderations we are sometimes subjected to. In trying to cope with these experiences we share with others who are willing to listen (without judgment - we hope) the experiences relaying the depths of our hurts to garner support, understanding, empathy and some strategic skills to help us deal with the impact and residual effects. All of which is healthy because it is paramount to moving forward with our lives and NOT becoming STUCK in pain.

However in our quest to heal, to get over, to triumph we can get self-righteous and forget our own humanness and not considered our own short comings, those we have hurt knowingly and unknowingly. What have you done to right those wrong? How have you risen up and ask for forgiveness? Or have you? Have you apologized? Or are you STUCK in the shame, guilt, self-disgust of your behavior and in so doing isolated yourself?

As human beings it is virtually impossible to live and not bruise others. However all is not lost as we can choose to live consciously, be present and mindful of our actions, words and deeds and the impact. It is wise to remind ourselves that words have power, no one likes being devalued, deliberately humiliated and continuously debased for poor choices and the consequences that followed as a result.

The reality is this, you may not be ready to forgive or hear an apology and life of the relationship as far as you are concerned is dead, there is nothing wrong with that. You are simply not there yet and the relationship irreparable. The same is true for those you may ask for forgiveness. You may not be forgiven. Your apology may not be accepted and the relationship irreparable in their eyes. The point is to take the necessary steps to heal and move into acceptance.

ACCEPTANCE
Acceptance does not mean all is well. It does not mean you are ok with what has happened. It does not mean you agree or are agreeable. It simply means you accept what is, what you cannot change, where you are not ready or willing to go. In short, "it is what it is" and wishing it wasn't does not make it not so.

What are your thoughts?
What say you?
Are you able to accept not being forgiven by someone you've hurt?

D.S.B.S Rhapsody

6 comments:

  1. About 40 years ago a friend, who was going through some troubles of her own said to me, "You are your own worst enemy". Simple but it kind of sums up how many of ones problem arise due to something you either said, didn't say, did or didn't do. Of course there are times when things happen that are beyond your control. I suppose that's all part of getting through life. Sorry for the extended babble.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I know I have hurt others in my lifetime, and a few incidents stand out. I've tried to make things right, and it truly amazes me to discover that something I felt bad about had been forgotten by others, and some things I didn't remember are still hurtful to others, mostly family members. I do my best; it's all I can do.

    ReplyDelete
  3. This is a really good post, and a powerful reminder to treat others as we'd like to be treated. Hugs...RO

    ReplyDelete

You Are Enough. Right here, Right now, In this moment, YOU. ARE. ENOUGH!

By All Means Speak Your Mind. However, Please Observe These 3 Basic Rules.

1. No form of abuse is allowed, everyone is entitled to their point of view (pov) as we all see and articulate the world differently, be respectful and speak without offending.

2. Please stay on the topic of discussion

3. Agree to Disagree

So what say you?

Note: All content here are mine unless otherwise noted. All photographs are taken by me again, unless otherwise noted.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...