May 29, 2009

29 My Will

I will my will to live
In spite of the darkness that surrounds me
I will my will to live
Despite of the desolation that threatens to consume me
I will my will to live
To triumph over the clouds that encompasses me,
Haunt me,
Taunt me,
Degrade me,
Suffocate me,
Irk me,
Debase me,
Berate me,
All mocking me,
Trying to convince me to give up.
I will not!
I dare not!
I will my will to rise up!
I will not surrender
I will my will to live because...
I am stronger than the needle that occasionally punctures my hope,
Drains my happy dragging me into melancholy
I will my will to live...
Through another day,
Another hour,
Another minute,
Another second,
Another breath,
Another moment,
Because my will has convinced me,
I am more than this moment of pain.
I am more than this moment of shame.
I am more than the humiliation of things past.
I am precious in my impotence of weaknesses.
I am prefect in my imperfectness.
And thought I may wallow from time to time
In the juices of my unsureness and fear
I know that the sun will shine again
And my will, will triumph over all things.

D.S.B. Rhapsody © 2007/08/09
Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...