Jan 14, 2020

8 PACIFIER YUCK AND PRAYERFUL SMOKE?

Everyone do things different, have different attitudes about certain things. Yet knowing all of this does little censor ones thoughts.

PACIFIER YUCK
On the bus I encountered an acquaintance I hadn't seen in a while, give or take a couple of years.
Interestingly enough she lives approximately 3.5 blocks for my house. In the past we saw each other often on our way to work, that's pretty much how we met and we'd often ride the train together.  I congratulated her on the obvious bump (twins) as she caught me up on her life. We transferred to the train and continued talking when a mother and her son (toddler) came in. I briefly halted our conversion to get up and offer her a seat for her and her son. She said "thank you" and encouraged the little one to say thank you. He was busy focusing on getting up on the seat and then turning his bum around (I smiled). Once seated he looked at me and grunted through his pacifier filled mouth. At some point through all his antics his pacifier fell out his mouth and landed between my feet. My friend noticed and told me to not move. I stood still and allowed the mother to retrieve it. The boy made a sound with his hands outstretched for it. I held my breath thinking, 'she can't give him that, too much nastiness and mud on the ground. Unbelievably she just gave it back to him. He promptly slammed it back in his month and began sucking on it. I looked at my friend face passively set, she looked back at me with the same passive facial expression. We both said nothing yet we both said everything. My mind was reeling. The train floor was dirty with boot marks and brown dirt droppings. I looked at my friend, she looked at me and we continued our conversation as if it we never witnessed the disgusting cringe worthy act.

PRAYERFUL SMOKING?
As I made my way to the entrance of my job I noticed on my peripheral a man on one knee, his right hand was out stretched with a lit cigarette. He brought it to his lips and took a long slow drag as if in prayerful supplication. As he inhaled he bowed his head slightly and then raised it on the exhale. He repeated the motion three times. As I pressed and waited for the elevator I further observed him through the glass wall. His head was bent low and he took another drag in aching slow motion. He then raised his head, exhaled and braced both hands on the wall in front of him. He put out the rest of the cigarette and got up painfully. He wobbled a bit as he steadied himself with his ass in the air and two hands braced on the ground in front of him like a toddler.  He finally stood, straightened his back, threw his shoulder back and exhaled. 'Alright then, I thought as I boarded the elevator as it dinged open.

silhouettes used found on google.

8 comments:

  1. Uggghhh!!! So scary! This is one circumstance where we pray that the old saying is true..."God watches out for fools and babies!" Very thought provoking post, thanks for the reminder.

    I wish you a wonderful week!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you. I trust your week is going well?
      Yeah......am sure "God watches babies"

      Delete
  2. I still can't fix my face from that first story. blech.

    The second guy...maybe he needed some tobacco courage to get through the work day. Or maybe he fell down and saw his whole life flash before his eyes and needed the cigarette to bring him back.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. He can smoke all he wants to soothe what ache he's feeling just not in my face. :)

      Delete
  3. I agree about the yuck. However, do you suppose that the child has a built up immunity since he's been exposed to so much germs? That was weird smoking though.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Well as Dellgirl mentioned in the above comment, God watches out for fools and babies" so perhaps all will be well.

      Delete
  4. The first one show you that you never know until it happens. The second, who said it was a cigarette.. :)

    peace and love
    1ManView

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I know its cigarette because I know the difference :-)

      Delete

You Are Enough. Right here, Right now, In this moment, YOU. ARE. ENOUGH!

By All Means Speak Your Mind. However, Please Observe These 3 Basic Rules.

1. No form of abuse is allowed, everyone is entitled to their point of view (pov) as we all see and articulate the world differently, be respectful and speak without offending.

2. Please stay on the topic of discussion

3. Agree to Disagree

So what say you?

Note: All content here are mine unless otherwise noted. All photographs are taken by me again, unless otherwise noted.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...