Jan 23, 2011

13 So I baked a cake

Yesterday was cold temperature dropped to minus 22. I had no desire to venture outside and housework was not high on my list of things to do. It was a challenging week at work, the requests kept pouring in and by Friday I was so swamped with work it took a while to clear up all the request for service. The business of domestic violence pauses for no one. I didn’t leave the office until 8:53 pm, before leaving work I filled up my bottle with water ordered some wings, picked it up and ate it on the subway on my way home. I was wiped and cooking was out of the question, a shower and bed were the only two things my brain had the capacity to absorb. Saturday morning i was still coming down from a long night and the daunting tasks of house work was not enticing so I decided to bake a cake, no real measuring just a whole lot of guestimating. Below is a visual of my process….there are no artificial ingredients, all simple and you can pronounce the names, butter, sugar, egg, flour, cinnamon, lemon, lime, baking powder, salt.

baking a cake baking a cake (1)

baking a cake (3) baking a cake (4) baking a cake (2)baking a cake (5) baking a cake (6) baking a cake (7) baking a cake (9) baking a cake (10) baking a cake (11) baking a cake (12)

The outcome was fantastic. It was light and fluffy and the taste is absolutely fabulous if I do say so myself. I had a piece oops…i cannot tell a lie, a couple of pieces, it was so good I had to take a picture of each slice (haha) yep I am praising myself, no apologies here. I washed it all down with my own tea blend of green tea, raspberry, licorice, passion fruit and bitter melon. A delightful way I say to spend the evening.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...