Jul 5, 2023

1 Gratitude in Unwellness

Even in Unwellness you can exercise gratitude.

 July 1st, 2023 did not begin on a high note for me. But! It began and I was here to see it, even it was butt down in my own waste. To be fair the illness was ushered in by June 30th. Nevertheless, I was able to see July 1st come and I was able to see it go. It was a rough weekend. I suffered a sinus infection, a throat infection and a serious bout of incontinent. Incontinent, that very well could be a result of the stomach flu? whew!! Quite a humbling experience. While shitting myself, my bed was not a thrill, I was grateful. Grateful you ask, yeah because I could clean up after myself. Sure it was one of the grimacing act from beginning to end but I didn't allow the experience to deteriorate my personality. And! I still found moments of laughter, even at my own expense. I was eternally grateful. 

My eldest daughter came the night before (Friday night - Oh what a night) and put me to bed and my sister came the next day and did my 💩💩 laundry plus. I did not feel totally out of it but I did have a few cataclysmic and dizzying moments, enough to designate myself to one area of my home - the bedroom near the washroom. Through the "shit storm", literally. I was lucid and determined to see the UP side to the experience.  What you may ask? I could wash myself. I had access to food and drink though I couldn't fully partake, I had no major physically or mentally debilitating pain. Through it all I could think and communicate coherently, that is something to be thankful for in my estimation.

On the road to recovery.
Am I 100% no, absolutely not but I am getting there. I have gloriously regained control of my Sphincters. Never will I ever take for granted the ability to hold ones shit! Quite frankly it's a beautiful thing. 

Gratitude....
Absolutely, glory be for the little things...
- My daughter grabbing the bowl fast enough Soni could safely empty my stomach.
- My daughter helping me to bed
- My sister coming and doing all my 💩💩💩 laundry.
- Me regaining control of my Sphincters muscles, Hallelujah!!
- Me being able to eat again albeit slowly
- Me having more good moments than not so great ones.
*😔, Life is good, though at time challenging.

1 comment:

  1. I like your attitude. Very much. So much to be grateful for.

    ReplyDelete

You Are Enough. Right here, Right now, In this moment, YOU. ARE. ENOUGH!

By All Means Speak Your Mind. However, Please Observe These 3 Basic Rules.

1. No form of abuse is allowed, everyone is entitled to their point of view (pov) as we all see and articulate the world differently, be respectful and speak without offending.

2. Please stay on the topic of discussion

3. Agree to Disagree

So what say you?

Note: All content here are mine unless otherwise noted. All photographs are taken by me again, unless otherwise noted.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...