Jul 16, 2019

0 I AM A WILLOW TREE

Some days you just have to rise up and do the necessary when you are challenged.
i got a call at work from my eldest daughter who was experiencing debilitating back pain. She was in tears. She wanted to wait until i got home to go to emergency. I thought, that won't do when the pain is so acute. She needed medication right away. She could barely move. I had to jump into mom mode. 

  • First i told her to get dressed and I will call her back.
  • Then I called my sister. I got her voicemail. I left a message for her to call me as she drives.
  • Then i called a friend. I kept getting her voicemail. I didn't leave a message. 
  • I am an hour and a half ride away by public transits, not going to make it in time to make a difference. so....
  • I called my super, yes my super. He picked up and i asked him to please drop my daughter off at the clinic. He said he would. 
  • I called back my daughter and let her know the super is coming and he would take her.
  • i told her once she sees the doctor and he gives her a prescription have the pharmacist call me and i will pay via credit card. 
  • My Super dropped her off, gave her his number and told her to call him and he will come back and pick her up. (Angel I tell yah, angel)
  • I got the call from the pharmacist and pulled my credit card to pay and sure enough i hit another challenge. I left the new credit card in my room and still had the expired one in my purse. The pharmacist took no other mode of payment via the phone. I had to think quickly.
  • I called my friend this time she picked up. She has her hair salon not far from the clinic. I asked her to please go and pay the pharmacist and i will repay her when i return home. 
  • i between all the calls I got a call from my sister. I told her don't worry i got everything coordinated. 
  • My friend paid for my daughter's medication and took her home.
  • I thank God for the network placed around me that I could facilitate some alternative care for my daughter as i could not be there because I physically too far away. 

0 Comment(s):

Post a Comment

You Are Enough. Right here, Right now, In this moment, YOU. ARE. ENOUGH!

By All Means Speak Your Mind. However, Please Observe These 3 Basic Rules.

1. No form of abuse is allowed, everyone is entitled to their point of view (pov) as we all see and articulate the world differently, be respectful and speak without offending.

2. Please stay on the topic of discussion

3. Agree to Disagree

So what say you?

Note: All content here are mine unless otherwise noted. All photographs are taken by me again, unless otherwise noted.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...