Sep 10, 2018

2 BUY ME A BEER


We stepped out of the office building into the sweltering Toronto heat. It enveloped us. On the side walks panhandles and drunks littered the side walks in front the liquor store.

"I have noticed that there are a lot more beggars and addicts around lately. I can seem to step out without some one begging me "spare some change." I am wondering what is the cause........"I trailed off as I stopped and took note of the scene. 

The sidewalk was usually busy with the transient. My friend to the right of me slowed and watched. As we navigated our way a woman approached my friend. Happy to escape I walked slightly ahead. I heard my ears cocked as I listened. 

"Can you give a $1, $2, 25 cents?" 
My friend said, "I have no change." 

Then came the kicker...
"so buy me a beer," says the woman.

I almost collapse in laughter as my friend stopped and her mouth dropped opened with an incredulous expression on her face. As she came towards me I heard her say, "unbelievable, I have never experienced anything like that in my life." I laughed then the answer hit me, 'the liquor store! That's why there's so much transient in the area.'

All through the ride friend kept saying, "unbelievable," I just smiled to myself.

2 comments:

  1. Truly UNBELIEVABLE! I wonder if anybody ever buys them that beer. SMH

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Oh some are very bold when begging. Had one guy insult me because i dare to offer my banana because i had no money.

      Delete

You Are Enough. Right here, Right now, In this moment, YOU. ARE. ENOUGH!

By All Means Speak Your Mind. However, Please Observe These 3 Basic Rules.

1. No form of abuse is allowed, everyone is entitled to their point of view (pov) as we all see and articulate the world differently, be respectful and speak without offending.

2. Please stay on the topic of discussion

3. Agree to Disagree

So what say you?

Note: All content here are mine unless otherwise noted. All photographs are taken by me again, unless otherwise noted.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...