May 30, 2018

8 GROSSED OUT ✤ NAVIGATING DISFOMFORT TO ENJOYING THE MOMENTS

I was committed for the day, 8 - 5:30. One of the first to arrive and not knowing what to expect I chose a table up front.

8:00 am ✤ Breakfast served:

I helped myself to breakfast - Salmon, eggs, pineapples & bagels and retook my seat. 3 other women joined my table. We introduced ourselves and they excused their selves to get breakfast.

During our breakfast the woman closest to me started up a conversation. She ask me a question. I turned to look at her, an act I regretted. Food liquid oozed from the sides of her mouth. She smiled and food clong to her teeth. She spoke and food flew out her mouth. I thought to myself 'eewww'. I kept my facial expression neutral so I don't give away my disgust. 

1:00 pm ✤ Lunch served:

Quinoa salad with cranberry, pasta salad, roast beef , coleslaw+. I quickly learned to smile and nod without direct eye contact to the woman directly to my right as she ate steadily throughout the day. I thought I had it mastered until the woman right of her asked me a question. I looked toward her and paused. I had to schooled my features as she worked her bottom dentures in and out of her mouth. I silently thought, 'Jesus Murphy help me.' I grimace smile with teeth and nodded my head affirmatively.

Toward the end ✤ Indirect stare
The day was enjoyable. I didn't change tables because it would have been too ackward. I had no intention of being deliberately rude instead I adjusted. I used an indirect stare and angled my body toward them during conversations. Eye to eye contact was made intermittently when they were not eating. I didn't escape entirely though as the woman played with her dentures periodically throughout our communication.

8 comments:

  1. could've been fun, sorry it wasn't!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It was fun, just tinged with a bit of grossness.

      Delete
  2. Oh ouch! The food looked so appetizing. What a shame that your appetite got killed a bit. You were kind though.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. NO it didn't get killed. I just has some adjustment to do. once it was done all went well.

      Delete
  3. That sounds unpleasant. But the food looks delicious!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Blessings....
      It was a combination of both. It was also a day of lessons for me. In that you can't always pick where you want to be however you can certainly shift how it impacts you.

      Delete
  4. Uh oh... I posted a comment yesterday and it looks like it disappeared. Doggone it!
    I just mentioned that the food looked amazing, but I’m sorry your appetite got a bit muted. You were kind though.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. HI Kay...
      I have comment monitoring on so it will appear once i have said ok. Too much spam otherwise.

      the food was amazing. It was a empowering conference so aside the not so pleasant it was good.

      Delete

You Are Enough. Right here, Right now, In this moment, YOU. ARE. ENOUGH!

By All Means Speak Your Mind. However, Please Observe These 3 Basic Rules.

1. No form of abuse is allowed, everyone is entitled to their point of view (pov) as we all see and articulate the world differently, be respectful and speak without offending.

2. Please stay on the topic of discussion

3. Agree to Disagree

So what say you?

Note: All content here are mine unless otherwise noted. All photographs are taken by me again, unless otherwise noted.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...