Sep 1, 2011

16 Ruptured Morning

Basking in the tranquil morning

I sat thinking, updating my blogs

As the rip roaring sound of the fire alarm

Punctuates the stillness

The peace shatters

Ruptured by the incessant screaming of the alarm

The creativity is shot,

Flowing thoughts interrupted

Had to get up and do what is warranted

I save my stuff

Turn off the computer

Grab my pants running upstairs

Hopping from one leg then the other

Quickly I locate my slippers

And …

Open the door to a beautiful downpour

Rain ...

In torrent it falls

I look around,

Scattering neighbours here and there

Looking around with an inquisitive ear

Might as well find something to do

Grabbing my umbrella

I take out the garbage and throw it down the shoot

Skipping the puddles I make it back to my door

I stick my head in

The alarm still roars

It is quieter outside than inside

The alarm’s right next to my bedroom door

I stand silently watching the rain

Watching some neighbours open their door and shut it close again

I want to do the same

But hold myself discipline

Too afraid to act complacent

What is a little annoyance?

At least I’ll live to complain about its nuisance

Disruptive though it may be

I must always get up and move,

Take its sound off seriously

To be anything less than prudent

Could very well mean the end of me

 

DSBS.Rhapsody©2009/2010/2011

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...