Jul 17, 2011

13 In Need of A Smile–Part 1

in prayerToday is a sober day for me, on the heels of some concerning news – my friend is in the hospital. While waiting to get through to the hospital i checked my email and received this email from a friend, it made me smile in a moment when i needed one. She is in recovery,“thank God” - had brain surgery. *Sigh* in the spirit of keeping the soul light I thought I’d share the smile….

EMAIL - VODKA SIPPING PRIEST

A new priest at his first mass was so nervous he could hardly speak. After mass he asked the monsignor how he had done. The monsignor replied, "When I am worried about getting nervous on the pulpit, I put a glass of vodka next to the water glass. If I start to get nervous, I take a sip."

The next Sunday the new priest took the monsignor's advice. At the beginning of the sermon, he got nervous and took a drink. He proceeded to talk up a storm. Upon his return to his office after mass, he found the following note on the door:

  1. Sip the Vodka, don't gulp.
  2. There are 10 commandments, not 12.
  3. There are 12 disciples, not 10.
  4. Jesus was consecrated, not constipated.
  5. Jacob wagered his donkey, he did not bet his ass.
  6. We do not refer to Jesus Christ as the late J. C.
  7. The Father, Son, and Holy Ghost are not referred to as Daddy, Junior and the Spook.
  8. David slew Goliath, he did not kick the shit out of him.
  9. When David was hit by a rock and was knocked off his donkey,don't say he was stoned off his ass.
  10. We do not refer to the cross as the "Big T."
  11. When Jesus broke the bread at the Last Supper he said, "Take this and eat it for it is my body." He did not say "Eat me"
  12. The recommended grace before a meal is not: Rub-A-Dub-Dub thanks for the grub, yeah God.
  13. Next Sunday there will be a taffy pulling contest at St. Peter's, not a Peter pulling contest at St. Taffy's!

Hope you were able to smile, Lord knows I needed one today. There is humour in everything and one can get a smile in the midst of a storm, a reassurance that no matter the plight everything will be alright.

For those who may think this is blasphemy please don’t go there or take it so seriously, try to see that in sharing the moment it is also sharing the faith and passing along information about the bible.

I’ll keep you posted…

13 comments:

  1. Lmao...I think i needed to smile too, I pray your friend gets better and soon too. Its all gonna turn out well dear...thanks for sharing your smile even in your sober state. this hug is for you ((((((HUGS)))))). I hope it makes you smile the more...*Smiles*

    ReplyDelete
  2. Your friend is in my thoughts.
    Laughter is great medicine. Hope she pulls through quickly.
    I think I saw that peter pulling contest on ESPN. Maybe not.

    ReplyDelete
  3. This got me way more than smiling... awesome!
    I particularly found this funny *David slew Goliath, he did not kick the shit out of him.*

    Have a beautiful week Sis. I think its my first time here...

    - LDP

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hope your friend is doing better.The joke is funny. I received it sometime back by email. I always feel that it is when we are really down that small things like this make a difference. Imagine how you might have reacted had you received this mail on a busy day at work ( I would not even have opened it!!). Have a good day.

    ReplyDelete
  5. LOL.

    I think this was really funny

    ReplyDelete
  6. ♫ *´”)
    ¸.•´¸.•*´¨) ¸.•*¨) ♫ ♪
    (¸.•´ (¸.• ♫ ♪ That indeed was a good one and I can appreciate the harmless humor in it! Bwahahaha! Thank you for sharing the chuckles.
    Here's hoping that your friend/sister will have a complete and speedy recovery... although not too speedy. I am sending some extra special healing vibes your way... I am sure that you will see to it that your friend gets them.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Certainly made me laugh, sista. It is well with you and yours.

    ReplyDelete
  8. HAHAHAHAHAHHAHAHA....so funny...yes, it brought a wide smile on my face:D

    ReplyDelete
  9. OMG! I'm trying not to laugh out loud in the office lol!! Wishing your friend a quick recovery

    Adiya
    Muse Origins
    Muse Origins (Creative Nigerian Features)

    ReplyDelete
  10. Hey Rhapsody, love the “vodka sipping priest” very funny, couldn’t stop laughing!

    ReplyDelete
  11. Lovely Rhapsody made me laugh for sure. I wish you well and your friend a speedy recovery. Sheila .

    ReplyDelete
  12. Rhapsody,

    Thanks for sharin. I thought it was hysterical! You have a great sense of humor and as the camera has revealed, a wicked eye lol.

    I am working my way through the blog as I have been absent for so long. I hope that your friend is doing better and that you are in a better head space.

    Peace,

    Coco

    ReplyDelete

You Are Enough. Right here, Right now, In this moment, YOU. ARE. ENOUGH!

By All Means Speak Your Mind. However, Please Observe These 3 Basic Rules.

1. No form of abuse is allowed, everyone is entitled to their point of view (pov) as we all see and articulate the world differently, be respectful and speak without offending.

2. Please stay on the topic of discussion

3. Agree to Disagree

So what say you?

Note: All content here are mine unless otherwise noted. All photographs are taken by me again, unless otherwise noted.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...