Aug 30, 2018

14 HE ROARED AND ROARED!

It was a smooth subway ride that was surprisingly fast without delays or tunnel traffic stops. I was happy. I thought, 'I am making good time.'


Feeling good on making excellent time I boarded the streetcar on the last track of my commute. I sat quietly reading while waiting for it to take off. Across from me sat a Philippino young man in what seem like his early 20s. To the right of him on the ground sat his florescent green knapsack covered in grime and unsightly stains. He picked up his knapsack off the ground and searched around around a bit.  He eventually pulled out a bottle of coke and drank thirstily. He then put the rest of the coke back into his bag and dropped it unceremoniously on the ground. He moved restlessly on the seat. Although I continue to read I split my attention to pay attention to my surroundings.

The streetcar closed its doors and sped off. Halfway through the ride I noticed the young man moving more restlessly. His hands and feet would kick out in unexpected intervolves. I became more alert. I immediately put away my reading and sat with more awareness.  Instinct told me something was about to happen. I though I was ready. I thought I was alert. Suddenly he roared this rip roaring sound! I almost jumped out of my skin. I could see the startled faces of the passengers around me. Some people were visibly uncomfortable while others were frightened. Others moved back further into the streetcar while someone in the back yell out, "Stop taking drugs." 

I took deep breaths to calm myself. I sat with my back straight poised and ready to move quickly. Then it happened again. He roared again this time kicking out. I thought I was prepared. I was clearly not because I jumped again. Thankfully my stop was announced and i exited the streetcar with a prayer of thankfulness on my lips.

photo found at https://www.redvana.com/lion-roar-2 

14 comments:

  1. Replies
    1. It certainly was.
      i was glad to reach my stop and left quickly

      Delete
  2. 1. I love the way you write.
    2. This had me literally glued to my screen with suspense till the end. I was half expecting him to morph into a warewolf or something crazy like that!
    3. You shoulda waited to find out what happened next! Lol!
    Xxx
    T.Notes

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you.
      You have me laughing, a werewolf, good God i would have fly out the streetcar! hahahaha (what an imagination).
      No thank you. I am not that curious! I like to mind my own business.

      Delete
  3. Wow. You have sure seen a lot of things on these your bus rides. So sad about the guy.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Absolutely, on any given day you just don't know what you gonna get.

      Delete
  4. LAWDY, LAWDY, glad your stop wasn't far away and you could get outta there!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. You know! Trust me I was ready to leave and did faster than even I thought i could move.

      Delete
  5. Oh no, that is so scary. I would have been so scared if I were in that streetcar.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I was too.
      I have learn to contain it so that I could think and act quickly.

      Delete
  6. My goodness, what a surprising act on his part, and am thinking possible mental disease, which is quite sad. I'm very thankful that you are safe though, and can imagine your fear. Hugs...RO

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I am sure perhaps there were some mental health issues. One never know so i try my best to stay alert.

      Delete
  7. Insanity is a curse and when and where it would occur one cannot predict. Nicely penned.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. it is absolutely unpredictable, which is exactly what makes it scary.

      Delete

You Are Enough. Right here, Right now, In this moment, YOU. ARE. ENOUGH!

By All Means Speak Your Mind. However, Please Observe These 3 Basic Rules.

1. No form of abuse is allowed, everyone is entitled to their point of view (pov) as we all see and articulate the world differently, be respectful and speak without offending.

2. Please stay on the topic of discussion

3. Agree to Disagree

So what say you?

Note: All content here are mine unless otherwise noted. All photographs are taken by me again, unless otherwise noted.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...