Mar 10, 2015

14 The strategic thief & The Bold-face blamer

THE STRATEGIC THIEF
He positioned himself close to the candy stand of the subway convenience shop seemingly on the blind side where he has a place to hide himself. He stares at the candies and chocolate bars longingly and looks up to sees if any of the workers are watching him. He moves away just slightly out of the workers line of vision. He parks his small stroller covered with a blanket off to the side and walks casually along the side of the little shop as if browsing the general area.
I stood off to the back side of the shop at the far end near to where the man hides himself in a pee-a-boo manner near his mini stroller. Putting myself on alert I observe the man shenanigans as he seems to be strategizing how best to fulfill his desire for one of the treats winking back at him. He walks back toward his stroller taking darting glances toward the workers to see when he is not looking worker. Periodically he moves forward then jumps back quickly as the worker turns facing our way. Then the opportunity came and he snatches a coffee crisp chocolate bar shoving it quickly chocolate barsin his pocket. Walking quickly pass his stroller he walks into the crowd coming off the escalator and throws the chocolate bar on the ground.
A gentleman passing by unaware of the shenanigans picks up the chocolate bar saying, “sir you drop your coffee crisp.” He turns to the gentleman as if surprised and said, “Oh! For me, thanks!” smiling broadly he pockets the bar triumphantly only to turn around and see the worker right behind him. The worker said to him, “you wanna pay for that?” The man looks at the worker innocently saying, “pay for what.” The worker said, “the coffee crisp bar you just put in your pocket.” The man answers, “why should I pay for it, the man just gave it to me, I didn’t take it. Just then my bus came and I ran to get it. I don’t know how it ended but by the look of the worker with the cellphone on his ear and the man in front of him I’d say he didn’t get away with.
THE BOLD FACE BLAMER:
Sometimes you must choose to not engage:
He walks into the train pulling a wheel bag in his left hand and a folded chair bags with wheelsfashioned like a knapsack on his back. As he moves in the train he roles the wheel bag over my left foot and mumbles to himself, ‘there’s someone foot’ but makes no attempt at an apology. I stared at him hard. He looks at me and says, “You should know someone is coming in the train.” Looking at him steadily in the eye I harrumphed audibly in the back of my throat while shaking my head. My eyes fixed on him in a death stare I thought to myself, ‘not today satan, be gone!’
He had the nerve to try to blame me because HE ran over my foot? Seriously? I guess he taught I should have somehow ripped out the train seats to physically move it and myself out of his path for his entitled ass. Lord, have mercy, give me strength and patience; sometimes you just have to choose your battles. I wasn't about to give that fool a foothold on my morning. Truth be told the bag rolling over my foot really didn't hurt because it caught the side of my shoe and didn't’ crush my toes, so I was able to be gracious and let it go. However I kept looking at him very seriously (what my daughter call the stare of shame and doom) until he became visibly uncomfortable and immediately cease his chattering and remained silent for the rest of the ride.

D.S.B.S.Rhapsody©All rights reserved.

14 comments:

  1. Ah life in the big city. Every time I go downtown I always try to be aware of my surroundings especially in a subway station. You won't catch me with ear buds.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. hmmmmm....that's a very good point, so many make their selves vulnerable by cutting off one of their senses (hearing) that can impact them greatly. I have often had to say excuse me at least 4 times each time getting increasingly louder for the person in front of me with ear buds/phones in to be able to hear me.

      Delete
  2. Both episodes sound true and realistic.The first is a case of kleptomania.The second a mannerless brute.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Both stories are very true. I experience them both.
      Kleptomania and manner-less brute, lol, lol, perhaps.

      Delete
  3. Lol @ the stare of shame and doom. Shame on that man though. What would it hurt for him to simply apologise?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes, i have a photograph that always disappeared when i put it out, come to find out years later that my children always hid it because it scared them because it had "the look" that most mothers have for their children, lol, lol, They could laugh about years later as they relayed the story to me about why my photo kept disappearing every time i put it up. I had to shake my head and laugh, i had no idea. Seems that particular photo held them accountable when they did things unbeknownst to me.

      Perplexing for sure, its seem thought that "sorry" is a word often not used.

      Delete
  4. These were well written and held your attention.
    I actually once had a lady run into me while I was leaning against the vegetables in the store with a cast on my leg and crutches next to me. She said, "Oh did I run into you?" I replied, "Yes you did." and then she just walked off, no apology at all. What nerve.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. thank you....
      hmmmm, i guess she felt because she acknowledged that she ran in to you in the form of a question it was enough of an apology? Go figure

      Delete
  5. Such men exist in all places and they never learn

    ReplyDelete
  6. Great and well written enjoyed these Rhapsody. I believe I have one of those scary looks also, gosh I hope it's not bad. Funny how we don't realize it at the time we are using it.
    Hugs and best wishes

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. hmmmm.....
      Its a way of censoring yet not censoring ourselves, where we allow our eyes to say what we don't want our mouth to speak out loud.

      Delete
  7. Life has surely changed. I want to be "always aware"' "always engaged"!! I don't want to miss anything. I enjoy hearing the world around me when I am out and about!! I think mean people suck, so if you don't want to suck, you should be kind!!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Have replied to your query regarding Hindu Gods gallery.

    ReplyDelete

You Are Enough. Right here, Right now, In this moment, YOU. ARE. ENOUGH!

By All Means Speak Your Mind. However, Please Observe These 3 Basic Rules.

1. No form of abuse is allowed, everyone is entitled to their point of view (pov) as we all see and articulate the world differently, be respectful and speak without offending.

2. Please stay on the topic of discussion

3. Agree to Disagree

So what say you?

Note: All content here are mine unless otherwise noted. All photographs are taken by me again, unless otherwise noted.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...