Aug 17, 2026

0 HUNGER DEFERRED

You tell yourself your a easy going none fussy kinda a person. All kumbaya and shit. Until you're hungry enough and feeling like you want to cannibalize your arm.
I walked into a Paner Bread joint on College Street, not too far from Spadina, and got in line. When I reached closer behind one man, second to the cashier. I began to peruse the baked delights and stop short, lips curling in disgust.
Flies, those big mofos with blueish wings with gold tips that shit and vomit on everything they land on. Metallic blue-green bodies looking like polished armor, and oily wings that flash gold in the display lights. I read somewhere about what they're really doing on a microscopic level—how they're dropping a nasty vacuum mouth, puking up clear stomach acid to melt down the sugar glaze, and dropping tiny dots of filth all over the place, too small for the human eye to even see.
The staff walked around unbothered i thought "oh hell to the fuck no!" as a couple buzzed around and landed on a fat croissant. The cashier made no move to shoo them away. She looked at the man on front of me and ask, "HI, CAN I TAKE YOUR ORDER?" I stood there watching the flies kiss the croissants. "Nah mmm mmm," I lost my appetite. when you see big ass flies landing on all the food. And your like hell nah, fuck hunger and walk the fuck out.
Stepping onto the sidewalk, my mind was just racing, cussing out the whole situation. They can’t even keep the front of the place hygienic? Clean the damn place, nah! I just kept thinking, what the hell the kitchen must look like if the front look so, with all them fly buzzing around?
Shit, I guess I ain't all that kumbaya after all.
Nasty bitches, lemme go home and cook my food. I know for sure it won't have no fly shit and vomit.


0 Comment(s):

Post a Comment

You Are Enough. Right here, Right now, In this moment, YOU. ARE. ENOUGH!

By All Means Speak Your Mind. However, Please Observe These 3 Basic Rules.

1. No form of abuse is allowed, everyone is entitled to their point of view (pov) as we all see and articulate the world differently, be respectful and speak without offending.

2. Please stay on the topic of discussion

3. Agree to Disagree

So what say you?

Note: All content here are mine unless otherwise noted. All photographs are taken by me again, unless otherwise noted.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...