Sep 29, 2024

0 SMALL MERCIES 2

I forgot my lunch on the train!! Spinach basmati rice, BBQ chicken, apples 🍎 🍎 and tangerines 🍊 🍊.

I sat on the streetcar fighting nausea and a headache. I took slow shallow breathes letting it out slowly. I didn't have any water to sip on, but I remembered I have apples in my lunch bag. Apples are juicy, so am thinking smalls bites and it juices may help. I reached for my lunch bag, it is then I realized, I forgot it on the train. I exclaimed, 'Oh no!' The TTC driver (bus driver) travelling as a passenger asked, "what's wrong?" 

" I forgot my lunch in the train. How can I get it back?" 

He looked at me sympathetically and said, " sorry, you can't, they just throw it away." 

I felt so disappointed. Then just said a prayer and ask God to please let a person in true need of a meal get it. I stayed hungry all day. 

At the end of my work day. I waited on the streetcar for over 49 minutes. Frustrated I decided to take an alternate route as 4 streetcar had already passed in the opposite direction. Obviously something was going on and I simply have a clue. A young Afro-Canadian wiman of Grenadian heritage was waiting at the stop as well but left and then came back. Remembering her I mentioned that no streetcars were coming. She asked, "how far are you going?" 
"Oh I am going to the subway." I answered. 
"We'll, I just called an Uber and it will need here in 3 minutes, she said consulting her phone. I can give you a ride to the subway, if you'd like." She offered. 

I looked at her and smiled saying, "oh that would be lovely, thank you." We talked, boarded the Uber, she was off to celebrate with her friend who just finished her PHD. I shared my cousin just finished hers and she said she was working on hers. I reached the subway. Thanks her and wished her a fabulous weekend and told her to enjoy the celebratory PHD completion party. 

I thought, not a bad end to a lunch starved day. Small mercies, makes all the difference. I reached home and promptly warmed up my leftover spinach basmati rice and BBQ chicken. It was damn good.

0 Comment(s):

Post a Comment

You Are Enough. Right here, Right now, In this moment, YOU. ARE. ENOUGH!

By All Means Speak Your Mind. However, Please Observe These 3 Basic Rules.

1. No form of abuse is allowed, everyone is entitled to their point of view (pov) as we all see and articulate the world differently, be respectful and speak without offending.

2. Please stay on the topic of discussion

3. Agree to Disagree

So what say you?

Note: All content here are mine unless otherwise noted. All photographs are taken by me again, unless otherwise noted.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...