Sep 16, 2019

6 SOMETHINGS YOU CANT UNHEAR - "AH CAH PEE!"

I Can't Unhear that:

As a commuter I am subjected to a great many things, some I wish I can unsee and unhear. Today was one I wish I could unhear.

I sat at the midback of the streetcar. It manuevered its way out of the subway when a car went flying by racing to beat him so they're be no wait time.  The driver Caucasian 63 made a sound in the back of his throat. A 65 year old Afro-Caribbean man in a black and white striped shirt made a loud observation to the driver. 

"These young people now-a-days don't want to wait, they always in a hurry." 

The driver responded, "yeah, it's kinda crazy, it's the reason I stopped. I am use to them flying across to get ahead of me."

"I know what you mean, everyday I ride my bicycle and every day I am almost hit by someone. Twice they knocked me off my bike. I was so mad!"

"Wow said the driver, you have to be real careful. It's all this computer stuff, cellphones and the like, too distracted."

"I am 65. I am glad I am retired and don't have to worry about all that comupter stuff. Even police different now. I remember a buddy of mind one time got so drunk he could barely stand. He was going to drive home. The police man knew him by name and told him, nah, I go drive you home. You know he took his keys and drove him home! He didn't even give him a ticket. Now a days police eh like day at all.

"I am 63, I have two years to go," replied the driver.

"Ah, that's not to long, you'll be done before you know it," answered the Afro-Caribbean man.

The conversation ended and the Afro-Caribbean man's phone rang. He answered in stereo...

"Hello! meh phone nah work so good. Ah eh know what happen to it. It sometimish, sometimes it work and sometimes it doh work.... Ah wasn't home. Ah went to meh family and spend ah little money. Ah had fun. Ah cah pee for two days now. Ah on meh way to dee doctor now. Meh nah know wah gwan. 

Eh?... Ah have some. Ah doh have all. Ah tell yuh ah spend some of dee money. Ah know dat! You think ah doh know day! Ah have some ah go get dee rest. You think ah want to hear you telling me this all dee time. You think ah want to hear you day everyday inner meh ear. Let meh take care of this pee situation and ah go call yuh. Ah cah pee fuh two days. Two days meh ah tell yuh! I gotta  find out wah gwan."

He gets up, pauses in his conversation to say to the driver, "this here is my stop. Thanks"

He steps out the phone still to his hear as he bellows, ah cah pee! Yuh nah hear wah meh ah say, two days now ah eh piss!"

I said to myself as the streetcar driver off 'Lord....save me from these conversations where people forget they're in public and talking their business for the world to overhear.'

6 comments:

  1. Amen! People seem to forget that when they're talking on the phone IN PUBLIC, others can hear what they're saying. So much for privacy and decorum. Same on Facebook. I can't believe the very private nobody-else's-business stuff people post on there for all the world to see.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yeah, that is a shame. Some people have gotten hurt due to the oversharing as it makes them a target. One never know who is listening or seeing.

      Delete
  2. It is funny how some people forget they are in the public when they start to speak on their hand phone.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Absolutely. Honestly I wish they would just be quiet but its a public space and people can do as they like.

      Delete
  3. awesome article..
    thank for your sharing

    ReplyDelete

You Are Enough. Right here, Right now, In this moment, YOU. ARE. ENOUGH!

By All Means Speak Your Mind. However, Please Observe These 3 Basic Rules.

1. No form of abuse is allowed, everyone is entitled to their point of view (pov) as we all see and articulate the world differently, be respectful and speak without offending.

2. Please stay on the topic of discussion

3. Agree to Disagree

So what say you?

Note: All content here are mine unless otherwise noted. All photographs are taken by me again, unless otherwise noted.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...