Jan 11, 2017

3 ROUND AND ROUND - THE FOLLY OF LEAPING BEFORE LOOKING

8:05 pm
Tired from a long day I rode the escalator to the bus platform. As I reached the top I took a quick glance at the schedule, it read DUE. I hurried my steps, rushed to the platform and happily boarded the bus. I thought 'no wait time, yes!'  I pulled out my tablet and began to read half listening for my stop.

8:15 pm
As I read I heard a stop announced that I was not familiar with. Alerted asked the driver, "what bus am I on?"
"The 20," he announced.
"Damn" I exclaimed.
"What?" the driver asked.
"I boarded the wrong bus," I said.
"What bus did you want?" he asked 
"The 113," I answered.

It was raining outside, the ground is sloshy with a mixture of snow and rain. I decided to stay on to the next subway as the 113 bus also stopped there. I said to the driver, "I will go to the other subway with you." After a few minutes he suggested I get off at a stop where he usually pass my bus on the way down. I thought 'mmmm, good idea." I asked, " Can you let me know when I get there?"
"Yeah sure," he answered. I went back to reading.

9:40 pm
I got off at the suggested stop. My phone rang, it was my mom. We chatted until my bus came.

9:45 pm
The 113 arrived, it's sign said SHORT TURN. I thought 'oh no' I asked the driver, "how far are you going?"
"To hell," he announced crackling at his own humor. The passengers in the bus laughing answered, "he is going as far as Birchmount." 
"Thank you," I sighed and boarded the bus. The rain was non-stop and I was tired and getting cold.

10:00 pm
Uncermoniously dumped off at Birchmount I crowded into the bus shelter against the cool rain. Somebody farted and I quickly exited preferring the cold rain to the toxic stinge.

10:05 pm
The second 113 bus arrived. I thankfully boarded. I special requested (allowed after 9 pm) a stop in front my building. The ground was covered in slick ice and slosh. I walked gingerly picking my way through slowly like a 97 year old with a walker.

10:15 pm
I made it. Home at last.

Lesson of the day?
Look before you leap.

3 comments:

  1. I feel for you... once I hopped on a bus that I was sure read one number... it drove off a completely different way... I had to get off and walk a fair distance for another bus. Luckily for me it was nice out that day, I am glad you got home okay... I will definitely check the number on each bus carefully going forward xox

    ReplyDelete
  2. They say ever day is a learning experience.... :)
    Have a good one....

    peace and love
    1ManView

    ReplyDelete
  3. That was a long day and tiring look before you leap, good heading. Bet you slept like a baby
    Hugs Sheila x

    ReplyDelete

You Are Enough. Right here, Right now, In this moment, YOU. ARE. ENOUGH!

By All Means Speak Your Mind. However, Please Observe These 3 Basic Rules.

1. No form of abuse is allowed, everyone is entitled to their point of view (pov) as we all see and articulate the world differently, be respectful and speak without offending.

2. Please stay on the topic of discussion

3. Agree to Disagree

So what say you?

Note: All content here are mine unless otherwise noted. All photographs are taken by me again, unless otherwise noted.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...