Jun 23, 2015

20 Toilet Restaurant–Would You Eat Out of A Toilet?

Modern toilet taipei

The Modern Toilet is a three story bathroom theme restaurant in Taipei Taiwan. Yes I wrote toilet. I was watching a show, THE TOP MOST WEIRDEST RESTAURANTS where they feature strange and unusual   restaurants across the world. This one had my mouth gaping in amazement.

The seats are actual toilets, the tables are bathtubs and the drinking cups are bedpans and urinals. Food is served in mini toilets and the ice-cream is swirled to resemble loads of shit served in pee basin. All I could say watching the expose unfold was wow that is seriously thinking outside the box.

Inside Modern toiletSharing the new and strange….

The next day I shared info on “The Modern Toilet” with my eldest daughter as we often discuss unusual happenings and her, first she stared at me as if I were an alien beamed down from out of space with 3 heads and 15 eyeballs. She then ICECREAMproceeded to grunt inaudibly between clearly decipherable “intelligent” descriptive such as, “eewww,” “yuck,” “gross.” When I presented her with photographic proof of the food delivered in bathroom themed utensils (urinals, bedpans, pee basins, toilets) and poo shaped ice cream her most communicative expletive delivery came in the form of “Am done!” as she showed me her back and walked away saying, “disgusting.”

I guess it’s safe to say she’s not a fan (and I thought she was the adventurous type) what say you? Would you dine in this restaurant if you are in Taipei Taiwan and sit on toilet bowls and eat your foods out of mini toilets and drink out of urinals?

food in toilet bowlsurinal cupsyellow toilet food bowl

 


Credit Acknowledgement:

Since I’ve never been to this restaurant I had to source all my pictures from the internet, none of these photos are mine. Poo ice-cream from http://wierdestrestaurants.blogspot.ca/, urinal cup and restaurant sign from http://ontrip.dk/modern-toilet-restaurant-taipei-taiwan%e2%80%8f/, yellow toilet bowl from http://www.nsmbl.nl/, inside Modern Toilet from vsesosedi.blogspot.com

20 comments:

  1. LOL, at first my face was turned up in disgust but idk, I might try it. My only concern is that i'm something of a visual person- especially when it comes to my food. I'd go, but I can't guarantee I'd have any appetite once the food is presented to me lol.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Well i guess in theory its harmless? Though for me I seriously don't want to eat from anything resembling a toilet, urinal or shit

      Delete
  2. Oh my! - Can't say that I'd relish the idea of eating out of a mini toilet.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. right! Although you have to give the owners merits for making their dreams come true and turning a profit with it as gross as the idea is to us.

      Delete
  3. Well I have to say my reaction was a cross between chuckling and gaging or a chucklegaging as it's known in the industry or chuckgaging for short. Uh pass the pee would you?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I have to echo your reactions and complexity of reasoning? On one hand i think, well its not really a toilet just bowls shape as such etc on the other hand i am greatly put off by anything going in my mouth from a place where I defecate.

      Delete
  4. My question is, do people actually go there to eat?

    Have you visited my Hair Clinic?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Oh yes dear, people go there to eat, they are highly successful and has been in business i think since 2004? they are always full.

      You gotta hand it to these guys with their out of the box innovative thinking, while it gross out many it has simultaneously intrigued many and has a dedicated following.

      Delete
  5. First of all, I know I have been away far too long. But, you know the story behind that. Finally, with Mama tucked into bed and, grandson head that way too, I'm stealing this time to touch base. How you doing? I hope all is well with you.

    Next, Eeeeeeewwwww, yuukkkkk, and GROSS is all I can say!!! Not only is this thinking outside the box, it's thinking outside the realm of anything remotely resembling intelligent thought processes. It is downright vulgar, crude, and in piss-po' taste.

    Enough already. The answer is H - E - double L naw would I eat there. I wouldn't even be curious enough to go check it out.

    Okay, I had my vent. Thanks for the share though. I hope you have a nice weekend. Blessings to you.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Blessings....
      I am laughing at your response, haha. I think many have the same response including myself. As much as I know its not real toilets and such it just very off putting for me to even entertain the idea of part taking of the meals.

      Good to read from you.

      Delete
  6. Hmmm. I think it would be a perfect way to keep me from overeating. I had to laugh and you are to be commended for finding this gem. :-)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. hmmmm, well that is one way of looking at it as a weight control devise however it begs the question, how long will it work before your body adapts and gets desensitized.

      It is said laughter is good for the soul and cleansing to the spirit so am glad you got a chuckle out of reading the post.

      Delete
  7. No, No, No! You have got to be kidding me!!! That is just plain awful!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. LMAO, I kid you not, they have been in business for 3+ years, have three floors and doing extremely well.

      Delete
  8. I just looking hard in the toilets I did the lid closed on the plastic bag...when can
    make-up my reffection when I wondiring a simple momnt but for me it was lot of
    back food in body wish so there no stressful days..That ok!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It is an acquired taste to dine without being grossed out by the idea of eating out of a toilet.

      Delete
  9. Now I'm all for being creative but I don't think I want to be eating out of toilets of any kind.

    ReplyDelete
  10. I saw that same show. Yes that is one "weird" looking place to eat. I'm guessing these items have never actually been used as real bathroom decor so outside of the thought that it's "gross" it's probably very sanitary. Looking forward to blogging with you in the New Year.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I suppose
      It is as "they" say, whomever "they" are, to each his/her own and one man's garbage is another's treasure.

      All the best for you for 2016.
      Happy blogging.

      Delete

You Are Enough. Right here, Right now, In this moment, YOU. ARE. ENOUGH!

By All Means Speak Your Mind. However, Please Observe These 3 Basic Rules.

1. No form of abuse is allowed, everyone is entitled to their point of view (pov) as we all see and articulate the world differently, be respectful and speak without offending.

2. Please stay on the topic of discussion

3. Agree to Disagree

So what say you?

Note: All content here are mine unless otherwise noted. All photographs are taken by me again, unless otherwise noted.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...