Apr 22, 2013

20 All Because I’m a Thamil by Balini (Guest Post)

ODE TO MY PEOPLE

All because I’m Thamil

I was tortured, raped, beaten, spat on,

Locked up, starved and left naked,
They destroyed my physical identity,
Cursed, belittled and wounded my pride,
All because I’m a Thamil.

My land and cattle were confiscated,

My house was robbed and ransacked.
They fought like vultures for the spoils
Burnt dear and precious souvenirs
All because I’m a Thamil.

My forefathers taught me, never to give up

Ones own mind and spirit, the invincible weapons.
Filled with valour and fortitude.
Manifests and dares the enemy
All because I’m a Thamil

You snatched the unborn infant and at the mother’s breast

You maimed and disfigured the children of my heritage,
You trapped the youth and burned them alive,
No court, no hearing, no mercy, for my people
All because we are Thamil

You acted beastly and cowardly, soaking your hands in the innocent blood,

You rejoiced in our pain and wail, victorious in mutilating our beloved
The bloody sacrifice will be paid by your children and children’s children
The wound will never heal and the loss is never forgotten nor forgiven
All because we are Thamil.

 dove (1) "Balini"………

My people were recently fighting at the UN assembly and had won a mandate for the post war rehabilitation work to be completed by our government and for the investigation on Human rights atrocities carried out by the government during the war in 2009 and thereafter. This is a huge victory for people like me and several who had been tortured all because we are Thamils. These tortures had been conducted by each Srilankan government when they were in power from the year 1958 till now.

20 comments:

  1. This reminds me a lot about the stuff happening in my country Nigeria

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Have mercy.....it is why we must always look up and say thank you when we are spared the experience of such atrociousness.

      Delete
  2. It is atrocious , what is happening in Sri Lanka. In what way is this different from Hitler's Germany? As a human being and a Tamil I feel strongly for this. It is surprising that such things should happen in a so called "civilized" world!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. hmmmmm.....those are some powerfully profound and insightful questions.

      Delete
  3. Sad the way some people arrogate so much power to themselves, make themselves into tin gods and trample on others without mercy. Their day is coming.

    ReplyDelete
  4. It was surprise some people is how many people fall in love with other country.

    My forefathers taught me never to give up.
    Manifests and dares the enemy.
    Sorry I need to be back again... Dear Phapsody!
    Michiko

    ReplyDelete
  5. Wow this is just like nigeria. So disheartening. Thanks for stopping by my blog. www.secretlilies.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  6. My forefathers taught me.Never to give up.
    Manifests and deres the enemy.
    I will be back Dear Phapsody.
    Michiko

    ReplyDelete
  7. Dear Rhapsody,
    I has writing few time before but I just not all right?
    Michiko

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. We all at one time or another have challenges with things not coming out as we expect. Simply take a breath and try again.

      Delete
  8. Very interesting insights into issues/problems some of us know nothing about. Thanks for the enlightening post and keeping us informed, Rap.

    Wishing you a wonderful weekend!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. hmmmmm.....
      thanks, i did have a wonderful weekend. I trust the same is true for you?

      Delete
  9. So often, we forget how awful life is in other countries. I wish we could help, but each situation is so complex that it's hard to know how to do so.

    ReplyDelete
  10. This is so deep and disheartening. The sad thing is that there is a different version of this almost everywhere.

    ReplyDelete

You Are Enough. Right here, Right now, In this moment, YOU. ARE. ENOUGH!

By All Means Speak Your Mind. However, Please Observe These 3 Basic Rules.

1. No form of abuse is allowed, everyone is entitled to their point of view (pov) as we all see and articulate the world differently, be respectful and speak without offending.

2. Please stay on the topic of discussion

3. Agree to Disagree

So what say you?

Note: All content here are mine unless otherwise noted. All photographs are taken by me again, unless otherwise noted.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...